Monday, January 19, 2009

Student of the month

Lately Larkin has been very concerned. Last year she had the honor of being student of the month. When that happened I told her that I had never been student of the month. Then Blake said that he too had never been student of the month. Well that really had an affect on her.

Since then periodically she would ask me about it. Making sure that it was really true and trying to make me feel better about not ever being picked.

Tonight, any emptiness Blake or I might have felt by never being chosen is all gone. We were having pizza for dinner and it made Larkin think about when she was student of the month and got to have a special pizza lunch in honor of the occasion. She and Lilly put together a special student of the month pizza dinner and program just for us. They had us sit in the living room. They brought us each a piece of pizza and a drink. Then came the entertainment.

They each took turns singing congratulations songs while the other one danced. It was so fun. When it was all over Larkin asked if we felt like we were students of the month. I imagine we feel a little better than that.

5 comments:

Collette said...

So sweet! Isn't a thoughtful heart one of the best gifts a child can give its parent?

Bethany said...

I love Larkin! She is one of the most kind and loving people that I know.
p.s. you are my student of the month too.

Paige said...

That is the sweetest thing! I want that treatment too!

Colemans said...

That is a great story! We don't get much pity from Parker around here. :)

Kanooga said...

You got me reading these dang things....ok just the ones you gave me and only because they are about our fab fam! It's fun to read about your cute kids...we don't see enough of eachother, it's not like we live that far apaart. AND, I remember your snake and worrying that it was going to jump in bed with me. Love you!