Saturday, January 30, 2010

Why Cream

Oscar: Mom! I'm so very hungry. (in a yelling, mad, I can't take it anymore kind of way)

Me: You are? (in a my poor baby, because I know that he's just tired, kind of way)

Oscar: Uhu. (very pitiful like)

Me: Do you want a banana? (trying to be cheerful)

Oscar: no (still very pitiful)

Me: Do you want a peanut butter sandwich?

Oscar: No

(I can see now that he realizes that I am trying to make him happy and that maybe he can get something good out of the situation, but he still needs to appear that he is suffering.)

Oscar: (He's poring it on pretty thick now.) Peanut Butter is so very yucky. I think I need some why cream. (that means ice cream)

I told him I'll be right back. I left to come and type this so that I wouldn't forget.

I can hear him in the other room. "We will. We will, rock you!"

He got his ice cream.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, this is so funny. And I think you are a great mom for letting him have "why cream."

Paige said...

Ya, he's got you under his spell............. =)